Call Us - 01903 260985
Diamond dermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure that involves using a diamond-tipped wand to remove the outermost layer of skin. It is also known as microdermabrasion or diamond peel.
During the procedure, the diamond-tipped wand is moved across the skin, creating small abrasions that help to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. This can help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, and other skin imperfections.
· Retinols or harsh exfoliators such as glycolic acids or salicylic acids including topical and oral capsules one week before
· Discontinue the use of sunbeds one week before treatment
· Avoid excessive Alcohol or caffeine on the day of treatment
· Discontinue the use of Roaccutane 6 months prior to treatment
· Discontinue the use of Lymecycline 4 weeks prior to treatment
· Discontinue taking Anti-Biotics or Steroids one week prior to treatment
· Discontinue the use of skin thinning cream, gel, or lotion one week prior to treatment
· Arrive without make up or fake tan on the area being treated
· Avoid wearing make up for 24-48 hours
· Wear mineral based make up to avoid breakouts
· Adopt a good homecare regime (this can be discussed with your therapist)
· Wear an SPF during the day
· Do not clean your face until the following morning after the treatment
· Use a 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase and ditch the cotton, this will help keep any breakouts to a minimum and keep your skin hydrated
· Drink plenty of water and stay clear of fried and processed foods
· Schedule your next appointment for 4 weeks’ time
· Avoid touching your face post treatment
· You can return to using chemical exfoliants 72 hours post treatment
Yes, you will be slightly flushed where all the blood has rushed to the surface of the skin during treatment, but this should subside within a few hours and looks more like a healthy glow.
No, It’s pain free. Although you will feel slight sensitivity post treatment almost like mild sunburn for a few days.
You cannot have the treatment done if you have active acne. This will spread the infection around the face. We recommend skin peels for active acne or our tri wave light therapy treatment.
Every 4-6 weeks.
After a minimum of 24 hours has passed. If you must wear makeup, then a mineral based make up range is best.
This procedure will help you kickstart a new skincare routine. It will remove dead skin cells from the top layer of skin and leave you with a soft and brightened complexion.
No, they cannot.
Technically you can yes although we do not recommend it due to high skin sensitivity levels when pregnant/post birth. Something less abrasive would be better. If you require a recommendation based on your own individual requirements please contact the team.